Senior Privacy Counsel
Foster City, California
Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is one of the world’ s leading biopharmaceutical companies. The company focuses on researching and developing medical technology, striving to simplify international care for all those affected by life-threatening illnesses. Boasting a portfolio of highly successful output, the company has marketed twenty-one products, including complete treatment for HIV and chronic hepatitis C.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
* You will be responsible for driving the organization’ s global privacy program, including but not limited to, daily operations of the program, development, implementation, and maintenance of policies and procedures, monitoring program compliance, training, investigation and tracking of incidents and breaches.
* Build and improve upon a strategic and comprehensive global privacy program that defines, develops, maintains and implements policies and processes that enable consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize risk and ensure the confidentiality of protected information across the organization.
* Lead the Company’ s privacy group in establishing governance for the privacy program. Coordinate with senior management, Legal, IT, and other business functions to administrate the program.
* Initiate a comprehensive analysis of the Company’ s data and privacy projects and ensure that they are consistent with legal obligations and corporate privacy and data security goals and policies.
* Review and advance process for receiving, documenting, investigating and reporting unauthorized access or disclosure of protected information.
* Establish, implement, and manage corporate privacy policies, procedures, and infrastructure.
* Juris Doctor degree preferred and a minimum of 8 years of U.S. and European privacy implementation and management experience
* Extensive knowledge of U.S. and European privacy laws regulations and best practices, with specific experience in the healthcare and R&D environments.
* Demonstrated track record of project and process development, implementation, and management.
* Significant experience drafting and negotiating privacy and security provisions in operational agreements common to the biopharma industry.
* Extensive experience and ability to implement organizational industry compliance and privacy programs throughout organization.
* Proven track record of leadership and achieving results in multi facet and complex process and matrixes organizations
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”