Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Turning the impossible into a reality, our client is revolutionizing how technology is designed and made. The company is a generously funded advanced technology business in Silicon Valley searching for self-starters who enjoy working in a highly dynamic startup environment.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You will enjoy a growing company atmosphere working alongside scientists and engineers. They offer excellent benefits that include healthcare coverage, 401(K) matching, free catered lunches, and other perks.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- The opportunity to support the Chief Patent Counsel and the Patent Agent in a variety of patent-related tasks.
- A chance to support and manage the patent prosecution and filing process from preparation to post grant.
- You will draft and file patent documents with USPTO. Responsible for filing, maintaining and administering dockets.
- Preparing formal papers for patent application, filing new patent application and amendments and other documents in the USPTO.
- Extensive patent prosecution experience in an Assistant or Paralegal role
- Working knowledge of USPTO, EPO, WIPO
- Exposure to MPEP and CFR rules
- Experience with docketing
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”