SF Bay Area, California
Headquartered in the Bay Area, our client is one of the world’ s leading biopharmaceutical companies focused on researching and developing advanced medical technology. The company strives to simplify international care for all those affected by life-threatening illnesses, boasting a portfolio of highly successful output and over twenty marketed products.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
You’ ll be part of a company that spans six contents, employs over 8, 000 people, and generates over $30 billion in annual revenue. You will work closely with scientists and be part of a team that benefits millions of people around the globe.
Our client will offer you the opportunity to participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan, which allows you to contribute 1 to 15 percent of your salary to purchase stock at a discount, as well as the 401(k) plan with a matching contribution of 100%.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
This is an opportunity to assist in drafting and prosecuting global patent portfolios relating to therapeutic pharmaceuticals
- You will develop an expertise in specific areas of the law, conduct patentability and freedom-to-operate reviews, and counsel research and management colleagues
- There will be chances to work on a range of pattent issues in growing pharmaceutical companies, including drafting nondisclosure, research, license, and other agreements
- You will identify legal issues impacting the business, assess potential regulatory matters, and provide support for in-licensing acquisitions
Juris Doctor degree, four years’ experience in-house legal department or firm, and registered before the USPTO
- Bachelor’ s degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry and/or familiarity with biotechnology and pharmaceuticals preferred
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, and research abilities
- Familiarity with patent concepts and methodologies related to the biotechnologies or pharmaceutical industries
- Expert multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills who thrives in a goal-oriented atmosphere that is lively and evolving
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment.”