IP Litigation Paralegal
San Francisco, California
Named one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal, this premier firm boasts over four decades of providing quality counsel to leaders in the technology industry. Representing Fortune 100 and leading life science and technology companies, the firm is devoted to providing quality counsel to businesses as they make important decisions for the future.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
The firm offers some of the most exciting benefits of the Silicon Valley, from amusement park trips to fitness and wellness reimbursement programs. You will also be offered the option of choosing among several generous medical plans, including health, dental, and vision coverage. Other bonuses include paid time off with incremental increases, discounted auto and home insurance, an on-site gym, on-site dry cleaners, and center-based childcare. They even offer a pension plan!
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
· You will be responsible for working in all phases of the discovery process, managing files, obtaining info/materials from IP vendors and Government agencies like the USPTO.
· You will conduct legal research, compile informative charts, graphs and timelines, research rules of procedure, prior testimony and publications of opposing experts.
· You will draft filings, use legal cite checking, fact check, compile appendices and exhibits, and file documents with the court as well as serve documents on parties.
· Take charge of interacting with outside entities, which includes clients, agencies, witnesses, law firms, opposing parties, and vendors.
· Command and manage litigation support systems and their databases.
· Bachelor’ s degree preferred and 3+ years of IP Litigation Paralegal experience.
· High-level experience with a variety of litigation support software.
· Should have experience managing out-of-town trial offices for cases that have gone to verdict.
· Possess excellent analytical and organizational abilities, solid communication and management skills, creativity and initiative.
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’ re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’ re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That' s what makes us “ the name to know in recruitment."