Deputy Chief Compliance Officer
201 Post, 12th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108
Investment advisory focused on cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies. Our client invests in new companies and crypto-protocols at all stages, from venture financing to growth assets. Founding members have deep history and ties within the cryptocurrency world and within investment circles.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- You will be a key member of the legal and compliance team, working with senior management, and joining the growing team at a pivotal time
- You will have the opportunity to implement and maintain a best in class compliance program
- Top-tier salary and bonus; full benefits; 401K matching
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
- You will assess the compliance requirements of the firm, provide regulatory guidance to senior management, and modify the firm’s compliance program as necessary
- You will work with outside counsel and consultants in interpreting new and pending laws and regulations
- You will prepare, document and maintain the firm’s compliance manual
- You will educate, train and monitor associates with respect to compliance matters
- You will assist with regulatory filings, compliance reviews and risk assessments
- Extensive experience with investment advisory regulations, especially in the area of hedge funds
- Proven success managing compliance for a registered investment advisor
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to handle sensitive and confidential info, be a team player
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- JD preferred, not required
ABOUT ABA SEARCH:
At ABA Search, we value professionalism, honesty, and hard work. We’re positive, innovative thinkers, and we use creativity to turn challenges into opportunities. We love to learn, and we continuously seek new ways to deepen our expertise. We’re energized by the legal industry, passionate about staffing, and committed to the success of our clients and candidates. That's what makes us “the name to know in recruitment.”
Meet Your Recruiter
Mandy Farmaian, CSC
Mandy helped found ABA in 1986 with Valli Farmaian. With her love of people and innate ability to nurture relationships, she knew the staffing industry was where she wanted to be, and she hasn’t looked back since. In her role as president, Mandy spearheads ABA’s Sales and Recruiting efforts, leading the ABA team in candidate searches and development of ABA’s Technology and Legal divisions. Her extensive network of Bay Area talent and employers as well as her years of expertise in recruiting and professional placement are the key drivers to ABA’s success – earning the company a spot on the Inc. 500 as one of the fastest growing companies in the US. She has successfully completed retained and contingency search for attorneys as well as technology executives.
Having established Legal as one of ABA’s core divisions, Mandy returned to ABA after three years working with the Eastridge Group. Under her guidance, these divisions provide staffing solutions to some of the Bay Area’s top technology companies as well as law firms and corporate legal departments.
Mandy earned her BA in political science and French literature from the University of California, Berkeley. After several years of city life in San Francisco, she moved with her family to Hillsborough, CA where she remains active in the community and is a board member of the San Mateo County Health Foundation.
Favorite things to do in the Bay Area: Hiking, movies, and farmers markets (and the occasional tennis game!).
Favorite quote: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” – Winston Churchill